10 Reasons Rose Water Should Be Part of Your Beauty Routine
Rose is a powerful botanical ingredient and has been used for centuries to treat various skin problems. It regenerates tissue and is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, making it great for those battling dry skin. Its anti-inflammatory, cooling, and astringent properties help those combatting acne, inflammation, and redness. Since rose is a non-irritating ingredient, it's perfectly safe for those with sensitive skin or issues like eczema, rosacea, or inflammation. Rose's benefits don't end with the skin. Keep reading to learn why rose water should be part of your skin and hair care routines.
1. Cleanser - Apply to a reusable cosmetic pad and gently wipe over your face to remove makeup and cleanse the skin. Rose water provides a mild cleanse that won't disrupt your skin's natural microbiome.
2. Hydration Booster - During dry, winter months, apply just before using facial oil for optimal hydration.
3. Toner - Apply to face after cleansing to tone the skin and rebalance its pH level. All skin types can benefit from using rose water for this step.
4. Mask - Are you dealing with oily or combination skin? Mix rose water with some dry clay, apply to your face and let dry (15 minutes), then rinse away with warm water. Do this 1-2 times per week. The clay will absorb excess oil from the surface of the skin, while the rose water will keep your skin hydrated.
5. After-Sun Treatment - Mix rose water together with aloe vera gel for extra sunburn-soothing benefits.
6. Frizz Control - If you're combatting frizzy hair, spray some rose water around mid-day. It will calm frizz without weighing down your hair.
7. Hair Toner - Rose water's astringent properties help reduce oil buildup on the scalp. Spray on wet hair and leave in.
8. Conditioning Rinse - After conditioning, add rose water to your hair and leave for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
9. Scalp Treatment - Alleviate scalp irritation and inflammation. Spray rose water throughout the scalp while your hair is damp. Leave in.
10. Hair Fragrance - Skipping a hair wash? Spray your hair with rose water to help mask odor.
The benefits of rose water are endless and this multitasking product is available in our shop! Stoked About is a Swiss beauty brand whose products are formulated with natural, plant-based, safe ingredients that act as superfood for the skin. Click the image below to view the product in our shop.